9 Suggestions for Exercising More
We all want to be healthy and fit, yet we really don't want to exercise. Do we?
So, I've compiled this list of 9 suggestions to help us to exercise more.
- Home Routine: If time or money is an issue, then exercise at home instead of the gym. Expensive home equipment is not even needed. Sit ups, jumping jacks, running in place, and push ups are obvious suggestions, yet don't forget to use household items, such as stairs, gallons of water, etc.. be creative. Just be very careful when exercising, especially at home.
- Schedule: I scheduled exercising on my calendar just like everything else in my life, otherwise I never seem to make the time during the course of the day. A periodic routine, scheduled for every other day, seems to be the best plan for me. I prefer exercising at home in the morning before my daily shower, so this saves me the most amount of time as possible. However, if you are not a morning person, then determine when is the best time for you and schedule!
- Buddy System: If motivation is a problem, then try the buddy system. Schedule a workout routine with a friend or spouse, and the feelings of obligation and commitment will help prevent you from skipping workouts.
- Road: Another great source of exercise that's free is the road. First, be extra careful, since vehicles are extremely dangerous. If possible, try finding a safe path in a park. Otherwise, the road is the perfect place for running, jogging, or walking. If walking, take a friend or significant other, since walking is a perfect opportunity to talk, gossip, or even work.
- Goals: Have goals, such as losing or gaining a certain amount of weight, and have daily reminders of each goal as motivation.
- Reward System: As an extra motivation, treat ourselves to a reward for completing workouts or reaching a goal.
- Music: I find the easiest way to forget that I am exercising is with music, especially with a loud dancing beat. Find what works for you.
- Variation: I bore very easily, so I vary my routine as much as possible. Try randomly changing your workout routine with running, biking, dancing, weight lifting, swimming, skating, tennis, sports, etc.
- Babysit: Do I really need to explain this one?
Good luck! And don't forget to have fun too.
by Phil for Humanity