ClearCase Support: Automate Checking of ClearCase Views
I _strongly_ recommend automating the verification of all ClearCase Views like I did. I wrote the Perl script below to check each ClearCase View automatically. This script does several basic checks, but here are the six primary features:
- For each View that was created over 60 days ago, the script will email the View's owner to renew (backup, delete, re-create, and configure) or delete the View.
- For each View that was last accessed over 30 days ago, the script will email the View's owner to delete the View.
- If any files are checked out in the View for more than 30 days, then the script will send a reminder email to the View's owner to checkin or uncheckout the list of old checkedout files.
- The script will also make sure that each View Storage Partition is not about to run out of disk space.
- If a View is too large (200 MB is my soft limit), then the script will ask the View's owner to clean up the View.
- Finally, if the View's user account was deleted or de-activated, then the administrators would be emailed a list of Views to be deleted.
$ check_Views.pl [test]
The "test" argument will only output issues to the screen without emailing other users.
You can download this Perl script here, or you can copy-n-paste from here:
This script was written for www.philforhumanity.com.
by Phil for Humanity